- Transfering Itunes Library To Windows 10
- Transferring Itunes Library To Iphone
- How To Transfer Items From Mac To Itunes Library Online
Mar 28, 2018 Got a new Mac and want to transfer iTunes library, say, transfer movies and move music from PC to Mac with, say, your iPod nano ( new iPods included), iPhone or iPad? In order to help you to do so easily, the following lines would introduce two free ways. Jan 22, 2015 How to Transfer Purchases from iPhone to iTunes By Emily Watson, Thursday, Jan 22, 2015 'When I am trying to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 10, this came up ‘There are purchased items on the iPhone 'X's iPhone' that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. Step 2: On the Home screen, click on Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice tab. It will scan the entire iTunes library and show them in a list. Step 3: Now select the entire library or the media files you want to transfer and click on Transfer button. (It will only transfer the items which exist in iTunes but not in your iPhone). Nov 29, 2018 Part 3: How to Back Up Music in iTunes Library Selectively. If you want to backup some music in iTunes library to computer or iPhone before deleting the whole iTunes library, AnyTrans for iOS is exactly what you need to transfer music from iTunes library to computer or iOS device within steps. In addition, it can also help you manage other iOS data like photos, contacts, messages, videos, call.
iTunes Tips & Issues
iTunes Basic Learning
iTunes Converting Tips
iTunes Music Tips
iTunes Libary Tips
iTunes Connection Issues
iTunes Data Loss
Other iTunes Issues
“How To Clear existing iTunes Library and Start Over? I have removed all my files on my hard drive and moved them to an external drive which I have cleaned up. How can I clear what is in my iTunes and start over? Thanks.”
A user from Apple Community
Just like this user, you may also want to delete your iTunes library on Windows or Mac computer of you are reading this page. By deleting iTunes library, all your music, playlists and apps will be removed from your iTunes library. But you’d better make a backup for your iTunes Library content to external hard drive for safekeeping before the start.
Part 1. How to Delete iTunes Libray on Windows
Step 1. Shut down iTunes and launch Windows Explorer.
Step 2. Click on Music folder > Choose iTunes.
Step 3. Delete these two files: iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml
Part 2: How to Delete iTunes Libray on Mac
Step 1. Turn off iTunes on Mac and run Finder on Mac.
Step 2. Click on Go > Now click on Home.
Transfering Itunes Library To Windows 10
Step 3. Browse Music folder and click on iTunes.
Step 4. Find and delete these files: iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml
How to Delete iTunes Libray on Mac
Part 3: How to Back Up Music in iTunes Library Selectively
If you want to backup some music in iTunes library to computer or iPhone before deleting the whole iTunes library, AnyTrans for iOS is exactly what you need to transfer music from iTunes library to computer or iOS device within steps. In addition, it can also help you manage other iOS data like photos, contacts, messages, videos, call log, apps and more. Now let’s follow the steps below to backup music in iTunes library:
Step 1: Free download and install AnyTrans for iOS to your computer and run it. Connect your iPhone to computer if you want to backup music to iPhone. Click on iTunes Library.
How to Back Up Music in iTunes Library Selectively – Step 1
Step 2: Click on Music and select the music you want to backup > click To Computer or To Device button to backup music from iTunes library.
How to Back Up Music in iTunes Library Selectively – Step 2
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to delete iTunes library on Windows or Mac computer, and AnyTrans will be your great helper to backup music in iTunes libray. What’s more, it also supports transferring data from iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to computer and from computer to iPhone. Just get it to your computer and have a free trial now >
You can also read this guide in Français.
For most of us, when it comes to transferring iTunes library, it’s not a big deal because iTunes manages the content of our iTunes library by default. The real problem surfaces when we need iTunes to offer us more control over contents, functions, file management and transfer.
We are also troubled when we lose existing media files when transferring or syncing files – this is the major problem with using iTunes in managing and transferring media files.
There are common problems that we encounter when we transfer iTunes library. Some of them include:
- Erasing previous songs on iDevice: This point has been the major complain of every iTunes user even users of the most current version. Apple claims that they have corrected this abnormality with the release of iTunes 12, but we know that Apple’s copyright protection won’t allow that to happen. Your iTunes library files won’t be deleted when syncing only when your iTunes library have all the songs on your iDevice.
- iTunes is confusing/complicated at a first glance: iTunes is no longer “That Simple Music Player” app anymore. It is now complicated with different functionalities and uneasy to navigate interface. Most users at the first day find it very hard to transfer files with iTunes.
- iCloud Music Library: iCloud Music Library is a major source of headache in latest versions of iTunes. Many of us pay for iTunes Match at the cost of $25 per year, but all we get to receive are faulty artwork display, matching blunder, missing duplicates, and files with DRM.
The good news is that all these pains are avoidable with some iTunes alternative software or by having the right tips on transferring iTunes library.
- Part 1: How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
- Part 2: How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
“How do I transfer iTunes library to iPhone” is a common question on every search device. But it’s very easy to accomplish if you have the right tips. You can transfer iTunes music library by simply dragging and dropping files from iTunes to iDevice, or through other third-party tool.
1 Transfer Via iTunes
This method is not the same as syncing method, it is a manual process of copying contents from iTunes to iPhone. To smoothly transfer your iTunes library to iPhone, here are some easy steps to follow:
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to your PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Do you have the latest iTunes? If not, download and install the latest iTunes.
Step 3: Choose the content you will like to transfer from your iTunes library.
Step 4: From the left side bar of your iTunes, drag the content, and drop it on iPhone.
- This method only allows you to add music or vide to your iPhone from a single iTunes library.
- Direct iTunes library transfer is slow, erroneous and mat lead to iTunes crash.
- You may lose your files in the process.
2 Transfer iTunes Library via iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is an iTunes library manager, transferring iTunes library via TunesMate is very easy and simple to complete. For everyone who is not comfortable with iTunes limit, you should install TunesMate because it has no iTunes limit. You should not be worried about damage to your iTunes library because TunesMate will not lose or damage your library.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- 100% successful sync: When syncing iOS files between iPhone and iTunes, TunesMate safeguards your files knowing fully well that they are precious to you.
- 2-way sync: With iMyFone TunesMate, you can freely transfer iTunes library from iTunes to iPhone or from iPhone to iTunes.
- Preview and selectively transfer: You can choose to transfer your files in bulk, or selectively. TunesMate makes this choice available!
- No erasure: TunesMate can retain your old iPhone data, while adding the recent ones to your iPhone, without erasing any original data on your iPhone.
- No iTunes limits: You can easily transfer both purchased and non-purchased music between iTunes and iPhone.
In fact, many users, IT pros, and iPhone lovers see iMyFone as the most comprehensive iOS solution of all times.
Transfer iTunes Library via TunesMate – Required Steps.
Step 1: Open TunesMate on your PC. If you have not downloaded TunesMate, you can download and install it on your PC now. Then connect your iPhone to your PC using your USB cable.
Step 2: From Tunesmate user interface, click on “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice”.
Step 3: Click on the “Start ” button and select files that you’d like to transfer.
Step 4: Begin to transfer your files by clicking on “OK”.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
1 Manually Backup iTunes Library
There is always need for extra safety measures and file protection. PC, USB flash and other external drive can be used to back up your iTunes media library, and it is good in file protection.
Most iTunes users do this due to the level of unreliability of iTunes in file syncing and transfer. But to transfer iTunes library, you’ll have to locate your iTunes media library in your PC.
To locate where iTunes stored the media files you added to Windows or Mac PC, you will need to follow the appropriate path listed below.
- For Mac: Click on Music > iTunes Media > Music
- For Windows: Click on Music > iTunes > iTunes Music
Transferring Itunes Library To Iphone
If the folder isn’t in the default location: Open Advanced tab from iTunes > iTunes Media Folder Location. This would show you where the media folder is located.
More so, to copy iTunes songs to USB (for example, copy iTunes songs to USB), you will have to follow the appropriate path listed below:
Step 1: insert the flash drive into your PC’s USB port.
Step 2: Open the USB flash drive like a folder on your PC. Then, go back to the songs you would like to backup and highlight them. You can highlight a range of songs, individual songs or all songs in view.
Step 3: Drag the highlighted songs to the USB flash drive folder you’ve already opened.
2 Transfer iTunes Library using TunesMate
You can easily backup your iTunes library using iMyFone TunesMate. This can serve as a good way of backing up your iTunes library in a safer storage device. Follow these steps to transfer your iTunes library via TunesMate.
step 1: Download and install Tunesmate on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone and USB to your PC, and run TunesMate on your PC.
Step 3: Go to “Music” tab, and click on “Export > Export to PC”.
Step 4: Locate the folder that you want to backup these files and click on “Select Folder” to export the data.