Move Itunes Library From Windows 7 To Mac
- Part 2: Free Way to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC; Part 1: Simplest Way to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC When it comes to how to move iTunes libary from Mac to PC, here we highly recommend iMusic from Aimersoft to you. It is a All-in-one-music management tool to tranfer, backup, restore your iTunes library Music from Mac to PC.
- How to Move iTunes Library from Mac to Windows with iTunes. Step 1: Backup your iTunes library to an external hard drive or a USB at your Mac. Step 2: Click on your desktop to make certain you’re in the Finder. Step 3: From the top of the computer screen choose finder and go to preferences when you reach the window.
- Jul 16, 2019 On your Mac computer, click open preferences and click iTunes. Then select advance and keep track of your music folder on your local PC. Now select Organize Library and click on the Consolidate option. Now all your media and music files will be copied to your computer in the iTunes folder.
- This story, 'Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac' was originally published by Macworld Join the Network World communities on Facebook and LinkedIn to comment on topics that are top.
Do you have troubles when you want to move iTunes library from Mac to PC? Ever think there would be a more efficient way of doing just that? Well, a lot of Mac users may have trouble to move their iTunes library from mac to windows. But don't worry, here is how you can get the job done quickly.
Move iTunes Library from Mac to PC with iMyFone TunesMate
First, a quick lesson on how to find iTunes library that is located on your PC or Mac computer. PC - The media library’s location on a PC varies depending on the Windows version that you have on your computer. In any case, one of the following links should directly take you to the iTunes library. In the first method, users will need a USB drive to copy the data from the old computer while the later method requires an internet connection to transfer the data. Here’s how to move iTunes Library to a New Computer including Windows and macOS. After updating iTunes to new iTunes 12.7 or downgrading iTunes to previous version, some users found all songs and media files were gone from the library on computer, or meet the problem “iTunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes”.
iMyFone TunesMate is a complementary app for your apple device that will allow you to freely transfer your media files between your Mac and Windows PC. It allows a lot of advanced features, such as:
- Two-way transfer, transfer files from iPhone to iTunes/computer, or sync files from iTunes/computer to iPhone.
- Transfer media files directly, directly add files from computer to iPhone, without ever opening iTunes.
- In-build support for all media file types, which include music, videos, photos, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.
- Rebuild previously corrupted or damaged iTunes libraries from your iDevice.
How to Move iTunes Library from Mac to Windows
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone TunesMate on both PC and Mac.
Step 2: Plug in your iOS device such as an iPhone or an iPad and launch the application at your Mac.
Step 3: Click on the Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice option on the home screen.
Step 4: Select the media type you want to transfer; what this does is it transfer the media library to your iDevice that can be transferred.
Step 5: After completion, unplug device and plug into the windows PC and turn on iMyFone TunesMate to start the transferring process from there.
Step 6: Click on the Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes option on the home screen, a popup will appear that will ask you to choose the items you want to transfer; afterwards click start.
Move iTunes Library from Mac to PC with iTunes
If you want to move your iTunes Library from a Mac to a PC so you can use the in-built and inherent iTunes features, then here’s the perfect guide for you.
Move Itunes Library From Windows 7 To Mac Free
While this method is slightly slower than the former, it is still effective. You will need storage device such as a USB or an external hard drive in order to keep your contents in one place during the transferring process.
How to Move iTunes Library from Mac to Windows with iTunes
Step 1: Backup your iTunes library to an external hard drive or a USB at your Mac.
Step 2: Click on your desktop to make certain you’re in the Finder.
Step 3: From the top of the computer screen choose finder and go to preferences when you reach the window.
Step 4: Make sure that your external disks and hard disks are selected, this is a confirmation the process will be smooth.
Step 5: Plug in that USB/ external hard drive onto your new computer system which is the Windows PC.
Step 6: Locate the external hard drive / USB on your new computer by clicking on My Computer or Computer.
Mac os x show library terminal. Dec 12, 2016 How to Show /Library Folder in MacOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra. From the Mac OS Finder, go to the Users home folder. Pull down the “View” menu and choose “View Options”. Choose “Show Library Folder” in the settings options for the User home folder.
Step 7: Open the drive by double clicking, make sure it’s connected properly if you cannot see it.
Step 8Mac os x x11. : Transfer the contents to the My Music folder on your Windows PC; the transfer may take some time depending on the content it has.
Step 9: Open iTunes and you will have your old content transferred from the Mac to your PC through the external hard drive method.
Before moving iTunes library from Mac to PC:
- Remember to deauthorize your old computer after transferring your library, if you’re planning on giving it away or selling it
- If you have used iTunes on your older computer, back it up on your apple device and backup your device on your new computer.
- You can also manually transfer backups from your old computer
Move Itunes Library From Windows 7 To Mac Computer
You can transfer any type of file you had that includes things like music, videos, playlists, photos, podcasts, tv shows, and more.