Feb 17, 2018 To accomplish this, iCloud Photo Library works with Photos for Mac as well as with Photos for iOS and iCloud.com, as the glue that holds everything together. Shoot a video on your iPhone, take a picture with your iPad, import from your DSLR on your Mac, and all of it goes up to Apple's servers and is made available on all your other devices. Today I saw that 2 different positions in 'manage storage' menu differ in size: Photos and Photo Library. I would like to know what is stored in which, but it is my first Mac and I cannot (or do not know how) simply check what lies underneath - both positions opens in the same window of Photos app. May 07, 2015 Gauging The Size Of Your Mac’s Problem. If you’re not sure just how much space your photo collection is consuming on your Mac, there are two ways to figure it out. The simplest technique is to open a Finder window and right-click the Pictures folder under Favorites, choosing Get Info. Feb 19, 2018 How to reduce size of pictures in just two clicks To start using the app, just drag a.jpg or.png image file onto the big clamp in the app window. As soon as you drop it, your image will be squashed. Squash will let you know how much the file size was reduced by (or if it was Unsquashable). Jul 01, 2014 Can anyone help please? I imported all my photos six months ago from my PC when I bought an iMac and they all went into iPhoto. On my PC there were 22gb of photos. Now I find that my iPhoto library is over 100gb in size. I have not put more than 50 photos on since the transfer. May 06, 2018 On our Macbook, Photos works fine with my library, but in my wife's account it often has glitches (mainly large swaths of missing thumbnails and huge delays downloading the full-size image). Both are also set to 'optimize storage' (the Mac's HD is not big enough for both our libraries). Dec 06, 2016 Photo: Ste Smith/Cult of Mac In addition to being a photo viewer, the Preview app for Mac offers basic image-editing functionality. If you want a quick and easy way to resize images, this built-in.
- Reduce Size Of Photos Library Mac
- How To Reduce Size Of Photo Library On Mac Computer
- How To Reduce Size Of Photo Library On Mac Windows 10
- Download photos from iCloud to Phone Using iCloud Photos or Photos Library
- Ensure your iCloud Photo is switched on before you can start the download process. You can check the settings through the steps below.
- Launch the “Settings” application on your iPhone.
- After that, tap on your name located on the upper side of the screen.
Ads by Google
- Having done that, tap on the “iCloud”
- Next, tap on the “Photos” from the iCloud menu.
- Lastly, toggle the “iCloud Photo Library” switch to “On” position.
- Check for duplicate files and remove them before downloading the photos. Since iPhones have limited storage space, eliminating redundant pictures helps to optimize space. Otherwise, these duplicate files can fill up space without your knowledge. To perform this task, Gemini Photos for android comes in handy. Follow the steps below to wipe out any duplicate photos in your iCloud Storage.
- Start by downloading and installing the Gemini Photos app from the Apple App Store.
- After downloading and installing the application, allow it to access your Photo Library. The app will then scan all the photos in your library and group them into various categories such as clutter, similar, and other types.
- After that, you can click on any of the categories and go through the photos the app suggests to delete.
- Next, transfer all the photos that you no longer need to a Trash bin.
- Finally, tap on the “Empty Trash” to permanently delete the photos from your library. This will rapidly reduce the size of your download if the duplicates and other unwanted files were too much. Sounds great? Well. Now proceed to the process of downloading your photos from iCloud Photos.
- Download photos from iCloud to your iPhone.
- On your iPhone or iPad device, find the “Settings” app on the home screen and tap on it.
- In your “Settings” screen, locate your name on the upper part of the screen and tap on it. Next, tap on the “iCloud”
- In the “iCloud” menu, select “iCloud Photos.” If you’re using older iPhoneOS versions, tap on the tap on the “iCloud Photo Library.” Also, ensure the “Download and Keep Originals” option is set. After completing the steps above, wait for your iCloud photos to download to your iPhone. The time that it would take for your iCloud pictures to get downloaded varies from one iPhone to another. It majorly depends on the internet speed that your iPhone is using and the total size of the photos that you intend to download.
Tip: When you want to download your photos from iCloud, and you’re sure that the “iCloud Photo” is switched on, and you have no duplicate images, you can skip steps 1 and 2 and jump to step 3 and download your iCloud photos to iPhone.
- Download From iCloud To iPhone Using iCloud Photo Stream
Ensure your iPhone or iPad is using a reliable Wi-Fi network.
Launch the “Settings” application on your iPhone.
From the “Settings” menu, navigate to the “iCloud” and tap to open it.
Scroll down the list of options displayed and tap on the “Photo Stream” and then tap on the opportunity to activate it. Turning this feature on prompts synchronization of the iCloud photos in the Photo steam to be available on your iPhone.
- Download Photos from iCloud To iPhone by restoring the iCloud Photos
This method works well if you have a recent backup in iCloud. However, you will not be able to download photos only. Instead, you will have to erase all the data on your iPhone to restore the factory settings. Below are the steps.
- Ensure that you have the latest backup in the iCloud before proceeding to the next step.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s settings application and tap on it.
- When the settings menu displays, tap on the “General” tab. Under the “General” section, scroll downwards to locate the “Reset” tab and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- After that, go ahead and tap on the “Erase Now” All the data and settings in your iPhone will get deleted in a couple of seconds to a minute, and then the iPhone will reboot.
After that, you’ll be guided through the process of setting your iPhone. When you reach the step of restoring your data from the iCloud Backup, choose the one with your photos. After restoring your backup, all your iCloud images will get downloaded to your iPhone storage.
- Download Photos From iCloud To iPhone On Mac
In this procedure, your mac computer should be running the latest macOS and iTunes version for natural syncing photos from iCloud to iPhone using iTunes. The process is highlighted below.
Launch the “Photos” app on your Mac computer and then try to assemble the images that you would wish to sync to the iPhone.
Open iTunes on your Mac and link up your iPhone either through wireless connection or use a USB cable depending on your settings.
Navigate to the upper-left corner of the iTunes window and click on your iPhone.
Reduce Size Of Photos Library Mac
After that, navigate to the left sidebar and click on the “Photos”
Open access libraries. Next, click in the “Select Photo” checkbox to select it.
Having done that, click on the “Copy Photos from” drop-down menu.
After that, you can choose to click either on the “Photo” or locate the folder containing the images and then clicking on it. In this step, you can choose to sync all the photos or select just a few folders and albums to sync.
After that, click on the “Apply” option to get your settings saved and sync the iCloud photos to your iPhone.
Click on the “Done” when through with the syncing process. After that, all you should do is to open the photos app on your iPhone, and your newly synced photos will be waiting there.
How To Reduce Size Of Photo Library On Mac Computer
Note: This method works well on iPhone running iOS 8.1 or later versions, macOS X Yosemite version 10.10, and PC running window 10.
How To Reduce Size Of Photo Library On Mac Windows 10
- Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone on Windows PC Using Copy Trans Cloudly
- Download and install Copy Trans Cloudly.
- After downloading the program software, run it in your windows. When you run Copy Trans Cloudly, a login screen will appear.
- Enter your Apple ID and a valid password to proceed with the process.
- If you have 2-factor verification, do the necessary to enable it to connect to your iPhone.
- Wait for a while for your “iCloud Photo Library” to load fully.
- After that, click on the “Download” and then choose the folder in which you’d wish to download the library. By doing that, your selected iCloud Videos and photos will start downloading immediately. The estimated amount of time is displayed below the downloading interface.
- When the downloaded photos are ready, click on Copy Trans Photo to launch it. Also, iPhone photos must appear on the left while those from your PC appear on the right pane.
- After that, select the destination folder on the iPhone located on the left pane.
When everything is okay, tap on the “Apply Changes” to confirm and move photos.