Jan 16, 2020 On a Mac, the easiest way to transfer an iTunes library to a new computer is to use the Migration Assistant tool. Migration Assistant attempts to re-create your old computer on the new one by moving data, settings, and other files. It transfers most files well and will save you a lot of time. Jul 13, 2007 If you wish to transfer music from your iPod to your new Mac, download senuTi Download Here. Follow the instructions and your new Mac's iTunes library will be able to take any and all songs directly off your iPod. If you have an old PC or Mac and wish to transfer your library to your new Mac by using your iPod as a flash drive. May 07, 2019 Here's how to transfer iTunes library to a new computer without the need to download extra software or go through hours of repetitive tasks. If you are on a used Mac and only want to transfer. Jan 28, 2014 Manually transfer your iTunes library to a new Mac. If you wish to transfer your iTunes library to a new system, then you can do so with a few easy steps.
- How To Move Itunes Library From Mac To New Mac Computer
- How To Transfer Itunes To New Computer
- How To Move Itunes Library From Mac To New Mac Drive
- Mar 16, 2020 How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS. Besides manually moving your iTunes library to a new Mac, there is an easier and quicker way for you to achieve it – AnyTrans for iOS. It is a professional iOS data manager that allows you to simply transfer your iOS data from one device to another.
- What's the best way to move my iTunes library to another location? It's getting too big and my MacBook is running out of storage space. Your iTunes library is very important, housing music, TV.
- Running out of space on your Mac? Here's how to move your Mac's iTunes library to another location, whether it's another computer or an external hard drive.
- iPhone to Mac
- iPhone to PC
- iPhone to iPhone/iPad
Got a new Mac or reinstall your iTunes and want to recreate iTunes library? Moving your library can be a daunting task. Fortunately, the process is relatively straightforward once you understand a few basics of how iTunes stores your data. Then you can do so with a few easy steps.
How to Migrate your iTunes Library to your new Mac
1. Consolidate your library into one folder:
- Choose 'iTunes' > 'Preferences' > 'Advanced'.
- Select 'Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library' and click 'OK'.
- Choose 'File' > 'Library' > 'Organize Library'.
- Select the option to 'Consolidate files.' Click 'OK'.
2. Copy that folder to an external drive:
- Quit iTunes.
- Locate your external drive on the desktop or Finder sidebar.
- Locate your iTunes folder: By default, the iTunes folder is located in: 'Finder' > 'username' > 'Music'. If the iTunes folder is not in the default location listed above, find the iTunes folder by following these steps: Choose 'iTunes' > 'Preferences'. Click 'Advanced'. The location of your iTunes folder will be listed in the 'iTunes Media folder location' box.
- Drag the iTunes folder to your external drive.
3. Restore iTunes Library Backup to the New Mac
- Quit iTunes.
- Locate your external drive on the desktop or Finder sidebar.
- Drag the iTunes folder (backed up earlier) from your external drive to whatever location you desire on your internal hard drive. It is recommended that you choose the default location for the iTunes folder, which is: 'Finder' > 'username' > 'Music'.
- While holding down the 'Option' key, open iTunes.
- When the Choose iTunes Library message appears, click the Choose 'Library' button.
- Select the iTunes folder you just moved to the internal hard drive.
- Click 'Choose'.
- Then choose the iTunes Library file inside.
Things You should Note after You Transfer Your Library
- If you want to stop using your old computer, deauthorize it by choosing 'Store' > 'Deauthorize This Computer' from the iTunes menu bar.
- If you used iTunes on your old computer to back up your iOS device, back up your devices on your new computer or manually transfer the backups from your old computer.
- If you used iCloud with your old computer for syncing, set up iCloud on your new computer.
- If you will continue to use your old computer, recreate your iTunes library. This prevents an iOS device from seeing the old computer as the new one because of the old library files.
Recommendation for Transferring iOS Files
iPhone Care Pro for Mac is a iTunes-like tool for Mac users who transfer songs, videos, playlist, photos and other data between iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c/, iPad Air 2/Air/ mini 3/mini 2, iPod Touch 5G/4G and other iPods and Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and iMac running Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, and under. We hope you will like.
Get a new Mac but don’t know how to transfer your iTunes library from the old computer to the new one? Well, this article can help you out with two simple solutions on how to transfer iTunes library to new Mac.
How To Move Itunes Library From Mac To New Mac Computer
Q: How to transfer iTunes library to my new Macbook? I would like to move my entire iTunes Library from my Windows PC to an external hard drive and I’d like to keep it there because it won’t fit onto my new Macbook Air. I am happy to plug this in whenever I wish to use my iTunes Library.
–A User from Apple Community
With a large iTunes library, it would not be an easy case for you to transfer it to your new Mac. Transfer data between two computers can be pretty annoying. With diverse genres of content in your iTunes library, it would be nice if you can find a good tool to transfer it simply and quickly.
And to help you out, in this article, we shall render you efficient methods on how to transfer iTunes library to new Mac.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive
Step 1. To find the location of your iTunes media folder, launch iTunes on your old computer > Then click “Edit” (PC) or “iTunes”(Mac) on the menu bar > Preferences > Advanced > Here you will see the “iTunes Media folder location” in your computer.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive – Step 1
Step 2. Then click File > Library > Organize Library > Check the box named as “Consolidate files” > Click OK.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive – Step 2
Step 3. Quit iTunes > Connect your external hard drive or USB drive to the computer > Open the iTunes media folder from the location in step 1 > Drag the folder to the external hard drive/USB drive.
Step 4. Open iTunes > Then click “Choose Library” in the pop-up window > Select the iTunes library folder in your external hard drive.
How To Transfer Itunes To New Computer
Step 5. On your new Mac, connect your external drive to Mac > Click Finder on your new Mac > Choose the Music folder > Then drag the iTunes library folder in the external drive to the music folder in new Mac.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive – Step 5
Step 6. Launch iTunes on your new Mac > Hold down the Option key while opening iTunes > Click “Choose Library” in the pop-up window > Select the music folder in your local hard drive > Choose the iTunes library folder > Click Open.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive – Step 6
If you do have iPod classic, iPod nano or iPod shuffle, you can also use it as a hard drive in iTunes on Mac. Connect the iPod to your computer > Click the device icon on your iTunes > Summary > Select “Enable disk use” > Click Apply.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS
Besides manually moving your iTunes library to a new Mac, there is an easier and quicker way for you to achieve it – AnyTrans for iOS. It is a professional iOS data manager that allows you to simply transfer your iOS data from one device to another.
How To Move Itunes Library From Mac To New Mac Drive
- Transfer media content selectively or wholly from iTunes to your hard drive or another iDevice without hassle.
- Transferring music speedily. AnyTrans for iOS supports you transfer more than 1000 songs in minutes.
- Manage and transfer almost all your iOS data like contacts, photos, ringtones, music, calendar, from one iDevice to another or from iDevice to computer and vice versa.
- No leak or loss of data. AnyTrans for iOS assures that all the data in the process of transferring would not be leaked or lost.
AnyTrans for iOS – iTunes Music Transfer
Want to transfer your iTunes library to another Mac simply and quickly? You can easily achieve it with this helper – AnyTrans for iOS. It can help you transfer your media content from iTunes to iDevice or computer without hassle.
Download AnyTrans for iOS now on your Windows PC or Mac and follow the below steps to know how to transfer iTunes library to new Mac.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans for iOS > Connect your iDevice to the computer as an external drive > Click the button in the middle of the top bar > Choose iTunes Library in the drop-down menu.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS – Step 1
Step 2. Select all the items at once or some of them > Click on Send to Device button.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS – Step 2
Step 3. On your new Mac, connect your iDevice to the new Mac > Under Device Manager, go to Category Management > Choose Content to iTunes.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS – Step 3
I am trying to install the wire library. However, each time you upgrade the Arduino IDE, you would lose them./Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/. Or, do I take out the wire.h file from the folder, and copy it in to the sketchpad library directory that sits alone by itself?It's weird, but it took ages to even find where the libraries are for the Mac. This is informative and I need the help. Do I copy the whole folder named 'wire' into the default location under the Arduino sketphad location?
Step 4. Check the box of the data types you want to transfer > Click the arrow icon to initiate the process.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS – Step 4
The Bottom Line
That’s the two methods on how to move iTunes library to new Mac. As you can see, with the help of AnyTrans for iOS, you can manage your iTunes library or iPhone data easier than ever. You can also back up your iOS app and restore them to your iDevices at any time. Download it now and enjoy your free trial!
Product-related questions? How to transfer purchases to itunes library. Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >