Corrupt mac photo library. Creating a New System Photo LibraryThere are any number of reasons you might want to create a new system library in Photos.
- How To Backup Itunes Music
- How To Find Itunes Backups In Library Mac Torrent
- How To View Itunes Backup Files
- Backup Itunes Library To Icloud
- Find My Itunes Library
- Backup Itunes Library File
- Backup Itunes Library Windows
Choose a backup method
Before you get started, learn the difference between iCloud backups and backups you make using your computer, then choose the method that's best for you. If you need an alternative backup, you can make one in iCloud and another using your computer.
How to back up with iCloud
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
Feb 28, 2020 Part 1. How to find iPhone Backup Location on Windows and Mac iTunes backups are stored locally on your computer. They are placed in username/Library/Application Support/Mobilesync/Backup (Check the different location for backup in different OS in the table). Simply navigate to the relevant folder in your Finder app. Nov 24, 2017 Sometimes in order to delete iTunes backup for space saving on computer, or move important backups to another place, you might need to locate the iTunes backup on your PC/Mac computer. Just read the guide to get how to find iTunes backup location on Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS (X)/macOS Sierra. Feb 28, 2011 In this video i will show you how to Transfer / Backup / Restore iTunes Library To a New Computer or another computer pc to pc, mac to mac, pc to mac or mac to pc using copytrans tuneswift. Aug 28, 2013 I'm not worried about music, but I imagine everything is in the same place. My primary concern is iCal and Address Book. I back up my iPhone and iPad to iTunes. I want to make sure it backs up to Carbonite so in the unlikely event I would loose my Mac and both devices (fire, theft. Etc) and if I would need data I would need to know where to look.
You can check the progress and confirm the backup completed. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Under Back Up Now, you'll see the date and time of your last backup.
Get help making a backup or manage your available space in iCloud.
Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Connect your device to a power source.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
- Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month. Learn more about prices in your region.
How to back up with your computer
- Connect your device to your computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
- Locate your device on your computer. If your device doesn't appear on your computer, learn what to do.
- If you want to save Health and Activity data from your device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and create a memorable password. If you don't need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn't encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.
Write down your password and store it somewhere safe, because there's no way to recover your iTunes backups without this password.
- When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully.
- Restore your device from a backup.
- Get help with iCloud backups or iTunes backups.
- Manage your backups.
When you backup your iPhone using iTunes, the intention is to keep your information and settings safe in case of eventualities. Ideally, your backup files will be transferred to your PC or Mac after every successful backup, but where are iTunes backups stored? We will look at the various locations your backups are stored and how you can get to them.
- Part 1: Where iTunes Backups Are Stored on Windows
- Part 2: Where iTunes Backups Are Stored on Mac
- Bonus 1: How to Transfer Ringtones Remix to iPhone
- Bonus 2: How to Backup iPhone Without iTunes
Where iTunes Backups Are Stored on Windows
On Windows systems, your iTunes backups are stored in this location: Users(username)AppDataRoamingAppleComputerMobileSyncBackup
Steps to Locate Your Backups manually on Windows PC
Step 1: Open the ‘search box’ (the method will vary depending on the windows you are currently using)
Step 2: Click inside the search box and type %appdata% and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard
How To Backup Itunes Music
Step 3: From this point, open the folders in this order: ‘AppleComputer’ > ‘MobileSync’ > ‘Backup’
Your backups will be listed out on the screen. They are not readable in this format: you can only make them readable by restoring iPhone from backup or extracting data from them to your PC.
Where iTunes Backups Are Stored on Mac
On Mac systems, your iTunes backups are stored in this location: ̴/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Steps to Access the Location of Your Backups Manually on Mac
There are two options you can explore:
Step 1: Click on the menu bar
How To Find Itunes Backups In Library Mac Torrent
Step 2: Type in: ̴/Library/Application Support/MobileSync (the address of the backups) to view them
Or use iTunes to find a specific backup
How To View Itunes Backup Files
Step 1: Open iTunes
Step 2: In the menu bar, click iTunes ->Preferences
Step 3: Click the device tab
Step 4: Control-click the particular backup you want
Step 5: Click ‘Show in Finder’
The backups you will get from these methods are not human readable: you can only read them when you recover data from your iPhone backup.
Bonus 1: What To Do If You Forgot iTunes Backup Password
You will need to backup your data on iTunes with a password. When there is need to recover the backup data, you will need the password to access the backup files. If you forget the password, you cannot access the files unless you use an efficient recovery software.
iMyFone KeyGenius is one of the most reliable password recovery software you can find anywhere and we recommend using it if you forgot your iTunes password.
- Easy To Use: The software will help you retrieve the password and recover your backups with ease.
- Reliability: It employs advanced algorithms and uses three different attack methods to ensure that iTunes backup passwords are successfully cracked and your files recovered
- Fast Solution: Fixing the problem of forgotten iTunes password will take just few minutes.
- Robust Compatibility: KeyGenius is compatible with all kinds of iOS devices and iTunes versions.
Steps to Take If You Forgot iTunes Backup Password
Step 1: Download and launch KeyGenius on your computer
Step 2: Choose the ‘Unlock iTunes Backup’ function
Step 3: Choose the backup you want to unlock from the list and click on the ‘Next’ button
Step 4: Select the attack method you want to use and click on ‘Start to Unlock’.
Your password will be recovered and you can use it to access your iTunes backup.
Backup Itunes Library To Icloud
Bonus 2: How to Backup iPhone Without iTunes
It is very important to backup your iPhone to minimize the chances of total data loss in the face of eventualities. If you do not want to use iTunes to backup your iPhone due to its limitations, there is another viable way to do it. The use of iMyFone TunesMate is becoming very popular for several reasons. The third-party application is flexible and user-friendly.
iMyFone TunesMate has several impressive features to make your experience smooth. The key features include:
- You will enjoy one-click transfer for all media files, and it bypasses all iTunes limitations.
- You can preview photos and other files for selective transfers (this is something you cannot do with iTunes backup; it is one reason many people choose TunesMate)
- With TunesMate, you can transfer data from iPhone to computer/iTunes and vice versa.
- You can sync and transfer different kinds of files including photos, documents, videos, audiobooks, playlists and more.
Find My Itunes Library
Backup Itunes Library File
Understanding where your iTunes backups are stored in PC or Mac systems will help you locate them easily and monitor how your iPhone files are backed up in your computer. We have discussed how you can find them as well as how you can use iMyFone KeyGenius to get your iTunes backups if you forgot your backup password. Remember, you can also backup iPhone without iTunes by using iMyFone TunesMate. It is a flexible and reliable application.