- Repairing Steam Library Folder
- How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac Os
- How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac 10
- How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac Version
How to uninstall Steam on Mac manually. The procedure for uninstalling Steam is the same as for any application on Mac. First, you should delete the app executable item and then remove its leftovers. Here is how to do it: Quit Steam. Go to the Finder → Applications folder. Move Steam to the Trash. Jul 30, 2011 Start up steam and open the main window. At the top, you'll find your Library. After having clicked on your library, you'll see the list of your games. Right-Click 'Fallout New Vegas', and then click on 'Backup Game Files.'
Note, you can get to the Library folder by clicking on the Go menu while holding the “Option” key. Also, do not move the entire Steam folder–just move the SteamApps folder. Here you see the Steam folder we’re talking about. You can move this to any other location you want such as a bigger, more speedy SSD. May 29, 2016 So I want to move my Steam games to another partition of my hard drive, but I don't know where they are! Dx The files, or shortcuts (it seems), are Steam application itself is. Installed games are appearing as uninstalled. Games that were previously installed and playable are appearing as not installed in my Steam library. What can be done to cause Steam to recognize the installed game files again? This will open a window with all your current Steam Library folders.
The Library Menu item is hidden by default on Macs, to prevent the possibility of inexperienced users deleting important files in the Library Folder. In this article, you will find different methods to reveal the hidden Library Menu and access the Library Folder on your Mac.
Access Library Folder On Mac
The Library Folder on your Mac contains Preference Files, Caches, and Application Support Data.
While regular Mac users may not find the need to access the Hidden Library Folder, advanced Mac users will at times come across the need to access files inside the Library Folder for troubleshooting and other purposes.
One example of the need to access the Library Folder on Mac would be to rebuild the Database Files in the Library Folder, in order to fix Launchpad related issues like Apps Missing From Launchpad or deleted Apps showing up in the Launchpad.
Before going ahead with the steps to Access the Hidden Library Folder on your Mac, you need to be aware that ~/Library Folder contains important Data and Files related to Mac User Accounts.
Hence, make sure that you are accessing the Library Folder for a good reason and you do know as to what you are trying to achieve.
Access Hidden Library Menu Option On Mac
Follow the steps below to access the Hidden Library Menu option on your Mac.
1. Left-click your mouse anywhere on the screen of your Mac. This will reveal the Go Option in the top menu bar of your Mac. You can also click on the Finder Icon in the Dock of your Mac to activate the Go Option.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu-bar of your Mac.
3. While you are still on the Go option, press and hold the Option key on your Mac and then click on the Library option that appears when you press down the Option Key.
Note: Press the Alt Key in case you are using a Windows keyboard with your Mac.
4. Clicking on the Library Menu option will take you straight to the Library Folder on your Mac.
Access Library Folder On Mac Using “Go to Folder” Option
Another way to access the Library Folder on your Mac is by using the Folder Option on your Mac.
Repairing Steam Library Folder
1. Left-click your mouse anywhere on the screen of your Mac to reveal the Go Option in the top menu bar. You can also click on the Finder Icon in the Dock of your Mac to activate the Go option.
How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac Os
2. Next, click on the Go option from the top menu-bar on your Mac and then click on Go to Folder… option in the drop-down menu (See image below).
How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac 10
3. In the search window that appears, type ~/Library, and click on the Go button.
This will immediately take you to the Library Folder on your Mac.
Permanently Unhide the Library Menu Option On Mac
You can permanently unhide the Library Menu Option in the top-menu bar on your Mac by using the Terminal Command. The process is reversible and you can easily go back to the default hidden Library Menu Setting by using the Terminal command once again.
1. Click on the Finder icon in the dock of your Mac to activate the Go option in the top Menu bar of your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu-bar and then click on the Utilities option in the drop-down menu.
3. On the Utilities window, open the Terminal App by clicking on it.
4. Next, type chflags nohidden ~/Library/ and Press the Enter key to submit your command for execution.
Once the command is executed, you will see the Library Option clearly visible and permanently unhidden in the top menu-bar of your Mac.
As mentioned above, you can always go back to the default hidden Library option on your Mac by executing a simple command in the Command Prompt Window.
How Do I Get To The Steam Library Folder Mac Version
1. To hide the Library option, type chflags hidden ~/Library/ in the Command prompt window (See image below)
2. After typing the Command, hit the Enter key on the Keyboard of your Mac to execute this Command.
Once the Command is executed, you will see the Library Menu option becoming hidden.