- How to set up an iTunes library on a network-attached server Free your iTunes media from the shackles of a hard drive on your Mac.
- Oct 07, 2019 Restore your library from a backup. Go to 'This Computer,' then click your external drive. Select your iTunes folder, then right-click and choose Copy. Go to the location on your computer where you want your iTunes library, then right-click and choose Paste. Hold down the Shift key.
Part 1: How to Rebuild iTunes Library. TunesMate, the distinct third-party alternative crafted by iMyFone is exclusively designed to support Window and Mac users with iPods, iPhones, and iPads.Not only you can rebuild iTunes library but can transfer any of your favorite files super easily with TunesMate, that too without thinking about the data loss, deletion etc. On the ' Home ' page, there are four quick accesses, one of which is ' Rebuild iTunes Library '. Please give it a click. Then, click ' Start ' to start scanning your media files like Music, Movies, and Playlists. After that, you can check out them with the size and the specific quantity. This tutorial explains how to restore or rebuild iTunes library from iPhone iPad, including your music, playlist, movies, music video, TV shows, and other media files in one click and no data loss. Your iTunes library, a database that’s made up of all of the music and other media that you add to iTunes, is organized into two iTunes library files and an iTunes Media folder. If your iTunes Library.itl cannot be read, you can repair damaged iTunes Library by replacing the corrupt iTunes Library.itl file with an older one from backup.
Itunes Library Location
Here are some things to know
Your iTunes library, a database that's made up of all of the music and other media that you add to iTunes for Windows, is organized into two iTunes library files and an iTunes Media folder.
Before you back up your media:
- Consolidate your iTunes library.
- Redownload any previous purchases, like music, movies, TV shows, and more. The only way to back up your purchased media is to download your purchases to your computer.
iTunes and Store availability and features might vary by country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.
If you have a Mac
In macOS Catalina, your previous iTunes media library is now available in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Podcasts app, and Apple Books app. And when you back up your Mac, your media library is automatically included in that backup.
Consolidate your iTunes library
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Organize Library.
- Select Consolidate files.
- Click OK.
When you consolidate, copies of any files that were outside of your iTunes Media folder are added to your iTunes Media folder. To save space on your hard drive, you might want to delete the original files after you make sure that the copies are in your iTunes Media Folder.
Find the iTunes Media folder
By default, your iTunes Media folder is in your iTunes folder. To find it, go to User > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media.
If you don't see your iTunes Media folder in the above location, here's how to find it:
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Look in the box under 'iTunes Media folder location' for the location of your iTunes Media folder.
Itunes Library Download
Back up your library and media files
After you consolidate your media files, you can back up your library and media files to an external drive.
- Quit iTunes.
- Find your iTunes folder.
- Right-click on your iTunes folder, then choose Copy.
- Go to your external hard drive, then right-click and choose Paste.
Rebuild Itunes Library From Ipod
Restore your library from a backup
You can restore your iTunes library from your external drive to your computer. If you're restoring an iTunes Library from a different computer, make sure that your new computer has the latest version of iTunes.
If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC, use iTunes to sync content to your devices. Before you use iTunes to sync content to your iOS or iPadOS device, consider using iCloud, Apple Music, or similar services to keep content from your Mac or PC in the cloud. Copy itunes library from mac to iphone. This way, you can access your music, photos, and more on your devices when you aren't near your computer. Learn more about or instead of iTunes.If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up-to-date across all of your devices, some syncing features through iTunes might be turned off.
- Quit iTunes.
- Go to 'This Computer,' then click your external drive.
- Select your iTunes folder, then right-click and choose Copy.
- Go to the location on your computer where you want your iTunes library, then right-click and choose Paste.
- Hold down the Shift key while opening iTunes.
- When you see a message that asks you to Choose iTunes Library, click Choose Library.
- Choose the location where you copied your iTunes folder.
- Click Open.
- Choose the iTunes Library.itl file inside.