You can also read this guide in Français.
- Move My Itunes Library From Mac To Pc Computer
- Copy Itunes Music To Pc
- How To Move Itunes Library
- Move My Itunes Library From Pc To Mac
- How Do I Move My Itunes Library From Mac To Pc
For most of us, when it comes to transferring iTunes library, it’s not a big deal because iTunes manages the content of our iTunes library by default. The real problem surfaces when we need iTunes to offer us more control over contents, functions, file management and transfer.
Aug 29, 2017 How to Transfer Your iTunes Library to a New Computer PC TUTORIAL. How to move your iTunes library to an external USB hard. How To Copy Your iTunes Library From One Computer. Up to40%cash back How to Move iTunes Library from Mac to Windows with iTunes. Step 1: Backup your iTunes library to an external hard drive or a USB at your Mac. Step 2: Click on your desktop to make certain you’re in the Finder. Step 3: From the top of the computer screen choose finder and go to preferences when you reach the window. Oct 07, 2019 Before you transfer or restore your iTunes media library on your PC, consolidate it and create a back up. Here are some things to know Your iTunes library, a database that's made up of all of the music and other media that you add to iTunes for Windows, is organized into two iTunes library files and an iTunes Media folder. Mar 02, 2017 Method 1 on the link you sent me wants me to create and share a folder for the transfer on my desktop, but that's a problem for me because my main drive (C: ) doesn't have enough space for the itunes folder from my Mac. My second drive (M: ) has plenty of space and is where I.
- Up to40%cash back How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive 1 Manually Backup iTunes Library. There is always need for extra safety measures and file protection. PC, USB flash and other external drive can be used to back up your iTunes media library, and it is good in file protection.
- Nov 08, 2016 Support Communities / iTunes / iTunes for Mac. How to move itunes library from computer to icloud. I would like to move my itunes library (@ 40GB) to icloud so I.
- Feb 27, 2017 My destination PC has two storage drives, one 128gb ssd for boot and one 1tb ssd for mass storage. I need my library to exist on the TB mass storage drive, even though of course itunes is on my boot drive (C: ). I know that you can choose the library's location by holding SHIFT and launching itunes, so I think my main problem is the transfer.
We are also troubled when we lose existing media files when transferring or syncing files – this is the major problem with using iTunes in managing and transferring media files.
There are common problems that we encounter when we transfer iTunes library. Some of them include:
- Erasing previous songs on iDevice: This point has been the major complain of every iTunes user even users of the most current version. Apple claims that they have corrected this abnormality with the release of iTunes 12, but we know that Apple’s copyright protection won’t allow that to happen. Your iTunes library files won’t be deleted when syncing only when your iTunes library have all the songs on your iDevice.
- iTunes is confusing/complicated at a first glance: iTunes is no longer “That Simple Music Player” app anymore. It is now complicated with different functionalities and uneasy to navigate interface. Most users at the first day find it very hard to transfer files with iTunes.
- iCloud Music Library: iCloud Music Library is a major source of headache in latest versions of iTunes. Many of us pay for iTunes Match at the cost of $25 per year, but all we get to receive are faulty artwork display, matching blunder, missing duplicates, and files with DRM.
The good news is that all these pains are avoidable with some iTunes alternative software or by having the right tips on transferring iTunes library.
- Part 1: How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
- Part 2: How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
“How do I transfer iTunes library to iPhone” is a common question on every search device. But it’s very easy to accomplish if you have the right tips. You can transfer iTunes music library by simply dragging and dropping files from iTunes to iDevice, or through other third-party tool.
Move My Itunes Library From Mac To Pc Computer
1 Transfer Via iTunes
This method is not the same as syncing method, it is a manual process of copying contents from iTunes to iPhone. To smoothly transfer your iTunes library to iPhone, here are some easy steps to follow:
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to your PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Do you have the latest iTunes? If not, download and install the latest iTunes.
Step 3: Choose the content you will like to transfer from your iTunes library.
Step 4: From the left side bar of your iTunes, drag the content, and drop it on iPhone.
- This method only allows you to add music or vide to your iPhone from a single iTunes library.
- Direct iTunes library transfer is slow, erroneous and mat lead to iTunes crash.
- You may lose your files in the process.
2 Transfer iTunes Library via iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is an iTunes library manager, transferring iTunes library via TunesMate is very easy and simple to complete. For everyone who is not comfortable with iTunes limit, you should install TunesMate because it has no iTunes limit. You should not be worried about damage to your iTunes library because TunesMate will not lose or damage your library.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- 100% successful sync: When syncing iOS files between iPhone and iTunes, TunesMate safeguards your files knowing fully well that they are precious to you.
- 2-way sync: With iMyFone TunesMate, you can freely transfer iTunes library from iTunes to iPhone or from iPhone to iTunes.
- Preview and selectively transfer: You can choose to transfer your files in bulk, or selectively. TunesMate makes this choice available!
- No erasure: TunesMate can retain your old iPhone data, while adding the recent ones to your iPhone, without erasing any original data on your iPhone.
- No iTunes limits: You can easily transfer both purchased and non-purchased music between iTunes and iPhone.
In fact, many users, IT pros, and iPhone lovers see iMyFone as the most comprehensive iOS solution of all times.
Transfer iTunes Library via TunesMate – Required Steps.
Step 1: Open TunesMate on your PC. If you have not downloaded TunesMate, you can download and install it on your PC now. Then connect your iPhone to your PC using your USB cable.
Step 2: From Tunesmate user interface, click on “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice”.
Step 3: Click on the “Start ” button and select files that you’d like to transfer.
Step 4: Begin to transfer your files by clicking on “OK”.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
1 Manually Backup iTunes Library
There is always need for extra safety measures and file protection. PC, USB flash and other external drive can be used to back up your iTunes media library, and it is good in file protection.
Most iTunes users do this due to the level of unreliability of iTunes in file syncing and transfer. But to transfer iTunes library, you’ll have to locate your iTunes media library in your PC.
To locate where iTunes stored the media files you added to Windows or Mac PC, you will need to follow the appropriate path listed below.
- For Mac: Click on Music > iTunes Media > Music
- For Windows: Click on Music > iTunes > iTunes Music
If the folder isn’t in the default location: Open Advanced tab from iTunes > iTunes Media Folder Location. This would show you where the media folder is located.
More so, to copy iTunes songs to USB (for example, copy iTunes songs to USB), you will have to follow the appropriate path listed below:
Step 1: insert the flash drive into your PC’s USB port.
Step 2: Open the USB flash drive like a folder on your PC. Then, go back to the songs you would like to backup and highlight them. You can highlight a range of songs, individual songs or all songs in view.
Step 3: Drag the highlighted songs to the USB flash drive folder you’ve already opened.
2 Transfer iTunes Library using TunesMate
You can easily backup your iTunes library using iMyFone TunesMate. This can serve as a good way of backing up your iTunes library in a safer storage device. Follow these steps to transfer your iTunes library via TunesMate.
step 1: Download and install Tunesmate on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone and USB to your PC, and run TunesMate on your PC.
Step 3: Go to “Music” tab, and click on “Export > Export to PC”.
Step 4: Locate the folder that you want to backup these files and click on “Select Folder” to export the data.
You may also like:
- 1. Music Transfer
- 2. iTunes Playlist
- 3. iTunes Tips
- 4. Others
Is it possible to transfer iTunes library from mac to pc and/or pc to mac?
Many people have such puzzles, because iTunes is likely best known for its Mac associations, it’s quite likely that there are many households that only have their iTunes library on a Mac. If, however, a family member with a PC is heading off on a holiday and wants to bring their tunes or entertainment selection with them, it may be difficult to simply leave the copy of iTunes on one machine. It therefore makes sense to learn how to copy iTunes from a Mac to a PC to allow for greater portability for either system or either system’s music and entertainment files.
Part 1: Simplest Way to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC
When it comes to how to move iTunes libary from Mac to PC, here we highly recommend iMusic from Aimersoft to you. It is a All-in-one-music management tool to tranfer, backup, restore your iTunes library Music from Mac to PC. Besides, it could also download , record music from over 3000 sites including DRM protected music, check the following more features:
Copy Itunes Music To Pc
Export iTunes Library from Mac to PC with Simple Clicks - iMusic
- All-in-one Music Management to Move iTunes Library from Mac to PC without Any Hassles.
- 1-click to backup iPad music to iTunes Library/Mac.
- Transfer music from Mac/PC/iTunes to iPhoneXR/XS/8/8plus/Android phone easily.
- Download music from over 3000 music sites, including download YouTube to MP3.
- Record music from any radio stations with music tag, covers, album name attached.
- Built-in library collected thousands of songs for free download.
Guide to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC by iMusic
To transfer iTunes library from Mac to PC, here we could use iMusic's Backup iTunes library function.
Step 1. Run iMusic on your Mac Computer
Come to iMusic 's official website to download it's free trial version or click the following box to download it and then run it.
Step 2. Enter into the 'Toolbox'
Click the 'Toolbox' on the ribbon to enter the toolbox window, then choose the 'Backup/Restore iTunes' icon.
Step 3. Choose the 'Backup' option
Next the interface will pop up two icon mark, choose the 'Backup' option.
Step 4. Select the content you want to backup
Follwoing it's procedures, you will go to choose the music, movies, and other downloaded content to backup.
Step 5. Finish the process to backup iTunes Library
After choosing the music you want to backup to iTunes Library, then choose the foler route on your Mac and click 'ok'.
Step 6. Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC
Open one of your other PC like Windows computer, and download the iTunes,and iMusic as well, launch iMusic, go to it's music icon on the left top corner, and then click the 'Add' icon on the right top corner to add the files from your iTunes file.
How To Move Itunes Library
Part 2: Free Way to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC
There are only a few steps involved with transferring your iTunes library from one computer to the other, and it does not matter, at least as far as iTunes is concerned, whether you are transferring from Mac to PC or the other way around. It is not a terribly complicated process, but it is one that must followed accurately in order to ensure the successful transfer of iTunes from your Mac to a PC.
Step 1. Open iTunes on your Mac
You need to open iTunes on your Mac in order to access your Preferences settings on your iTunes for Mac. Without working on your Preferences settings, you cannot successfully transfer iTunes from one computer to the next.
Step 2. Go to iTunes > Preferences
From here, you need to hit the Advanced settings in order to set the Mac to be able to transfer iTunes successfully over to your PC.
Step 3. Under Advanced in Preferences, click “Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized”
This will ensure that all your files are pointing in the right direction for your library, which ultimately makes the transference of your files easier. With an organized iTunes Media folder, your job in transferring iTunes from one system to the other becomes far less complicated.
Step 4. Click File > Library > Organize Library
This will help you to keep your songs organized in order to ensure they are in the same spot when you transfer them over to your new computer. You should also click “Consolidate Files” at this point as well; that will also help you by putting copies of all media files in the iTunes Media folder and keeping all original files in their original locations. This way all the files are pointing where they should to the locations on your drives and they should be accessible when you complete the transfer to the new computer.
Step 5. Plug your portable hard drive into your Mac
Move My Itunes Library From Pc To Mac
This gives you a hardwired location to which to transfer your iTunes from your Mac. On this new computer, try to take the time and put your iTunes files in the same location that you want to put it on the PC, more or less. Certainly, PC’s have a slightly different naming convention than for Mac. Confirm that there is a Music folder on your PC, and within that folder should be the iTunes folder. You can transfer the iTunes Library file and the iTunes Music folder from the portable drive to this folder.
Step 6. Change the name of the iTunes Library file
How Do I Move My Itunes Library From Mac To Pc
Because PC systems always need file extensions on them in order to be recognized and opened appropriately, you need to take the iTunes Library file that you just transferred from your Mac and change the name so that it has the right file extension. Right click on the iTunes Library file and rename it to iTunes Library.itl, and that should allow you to open every file that you had working in the Mac version of the program.
It should be noted that when you migrate iTunes from one computer to the other, the backups that you might have made of Mac handheld devices, such as iPhones, iPads and iPods, through iTunes will likely be lost. In addition, if you do not migrate your iTunes to the exact same location on the new PC, iTunes will not be able to find the media files, and then you might have a problem effectively using the program. So, take the time to migrate the files to the right location to ensure that you will be able to find them on the new PC.
At times, though, you may find it extremely helpful to transfer your iTunes library to an external hard drive simply in order to have a backup of your iTunes library. Having your iTunes library on an external hard drive also means that should you want to share that library with another computer or another person, you will be able to do so quite easily; if you have your external hard drive with you, it is simply a matter of taking the copy of iTunes and moving it you’re your portable hard drive to the system of your choice. Having a copy of iTunes on an external hard drive also gives you a certain degree of calm, as there have been multiple times where people have inadvertently lost everything on their computers, their iTunes files included. This can be incredibly distressing when it happens, and people want to be able to avoid this. It can sometimes take hours to build up an iTunes library, and this is time that many people do not always have.
Sometimes, people want to be prepared in the event they lose all the information on their computer, and an external hard drive can be a great tool to back up an entire hard drive on a laptop or on a desktop computer. This includes your iTunes library. Music and entertainment appear to be what make the world go round; after all, music is frequently used as a method of stress release, and we now live in a society where many expect to have a variety of forms of entertainment right at their fingertips. Having your entire iTunes library go missing on your computer can be distressing, but it does not have to be, as backing up the library to an external hard drive can prevent a great deal of stress.
iMusic - Most Excellent Music Tool to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC
- Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to PC without erasing or lose the files.
- Record music in original quality and automatically split the ads.
- Discover and download music from more than 300,000 songs.
- Transfer music between any two devices directly without iTunes.
- Fix music library intelligently with correct ID3 tags.