You may need to access content in the user Library folder to troubleshoot problems with your Adobe applications. The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS X 10.7 and later releases. Use one of the following methods to make the user Library content visible.
Hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user Library folder is listed below the current user's home directory.
Note: After you open the Library folder, you can drag the Library icon from the top of that window to the Dock, sidebar, or toolbar to make it readily accessible.
For more information, explanations, and ideas, see 18 ways to view the ~/Library folder in Lion and Mountain Lion.
Dec 12, 2016 From the Mac OS Finder, go to the Users home folder Pull down the “View” menu and choose “View Options” Choose “Show Library Folder” in the settings options for the User home folder. Sep 27, 2016 Open Finder, or just click on the desktop. Then click “Go” in the menu bar, and select “Go to Folder”. You can also skip all this clicking by pressing Command+Shift+G on your keyboard to access the Go to Folder menu. Type /Library in the box and hit Enter. The invisible Library subfolder of your Home folder is the repository of everything that OS X needs to customize your Mac to your tastes. If you want to add something to a Library folder, it’s usually best to add it to your Home/Library folder. You won’t spend much time (if any) adding things to the.
More like this
Dec 13, 2016 So, that was a nice way of accessing the Library folder as all it needed was a press on the Shift key and you were ready to go. Unhiding the Library Folder Permanently on Your Mac. While the method above lets you access the Library folder for your user account, the option for the folder will go away as soon as let go of the Shift key. Jul 28, 2011 When I Go (to Folder), a small pane says 'Go to the folder,' and then I click the 'Go' command. I get a message that says, 'The folder can't be found.' You've missed the bit Choose Library - it appears in the list only when you hold the Option key and is between Home and Computer.
Twitter™ and Facebook posts are not covered under the terms of Creative Commons.
Prior to Mac OS X Lion's release back in 2011, if you wanted to access the Library folder you could just open your Home folder and view the Library folder there. That folder is still located in. What does mac os /Library folder store? Ask Question Asked 7 years, 1. (mostly Apple-authored ones) are, um, egotistical enough to think they need their own top-level folder inside the library, so they go ahead and create one and store things in it. As for the name 'Library', I wouldn't read too much into it. What are the default search.
The Library Menu item is hidden by default on Macs, to prevent the possibility of inexperienced users deleting important files in the Library Folder. In this article, you will find different methods to reveal the hidden Library Menu and access the Library Folder on your Mac.
Access Library Folder On Mac
The Library Folder on your Mac contains Preference Files, Caches, and Application Support Data.
While regular Mac users may not find the need to access the Hidden Library Folder, advanced Mac users will at times come across the need to access files inside the Library Folder for troubleshooting and other purposes.
One example of the need to access the Library Folder on Mac would be to rebuild the Database Files in the Library Folder, in order to fix Launchpad related issues like Apps Missing From Launchpad or deleted Apps showing up in the Launchpad.
Before going ahead with the steps to Access the Hidden Library Folder on your Mac, you need to be aware that ~/Library Folder contains important Data and Files related to Mac User Accounts.
Hence, make sure that you are accessing the Library Folder for a good reason and you do know as to what you are trying to achieve.
Access Hidden Library Menu Option On Mac
Follow the steps below to access the Hidden Library Menu option on your Mac.
1. Left-click your mouse anywhere on the screen of your Mac. This will reveal the Go Option in the top menu bar of your Mac. You can also click on the Finder Icon in the Dock of your Mac to activate the Go Option.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu-bar of your Mac.
3. While you are still on the Go option, press and hold the Option key on your Mac and then click on the Library option that appears when you press down the Option Key.
Note: Press the Alt Key in case you are using a Windows keyboard with your Mac.
4. Clicking on the Library Menu option will take you straight to the Library Folder on your Mac.
Access Library Folder On Mac Using “Go to Folder” Option
Another way to access the Library Folder on your Mac is by using the Folder Option on your Mac.
1. Left-click your mouse anywhere on the screen of your Mac to reveal the Go Option in the top menu bar. You can also click on the Finder Icon in the Dock of your Mac to activate the Go option.
2. Next, click on the Go option from the top menu-bar on your Mac and then click on Go to Folder… option in the drop-down menu (See image below).
3. In the search window that appears, type ~/Library, and click on the Go button.
This will immediately take you to the Library Folder on your Mac.
Permanently Unhide the Library Menu Option On Mac
You can permanently unhide the Library Menu Option in the top-menu bar on your Mac by using the Terminal Command. The process is reversible and you can easily go back to the default hidden Library Menu Setting by using the Terminal command once again.
1. Click on the Finder icon in the dock of your Mac to activate the Go option in the top Menu bar of your Mac.
Can't See Library Folder Mac
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu-bar and then click on the Utilities option in the drop-down menu.
ITunes behaves differently whether songs are located inside or outside of the iTunes Music folder (as set in the preferences). If they're on another disk, iTunes will leave them alone. If you uncheck the option in 'Preferences - Advanced - Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library', iTunes references them where they're located on your hard disk, which can be a second partition, another disk or a CD/DVD, instead of copying them to its library.When you delete songs in iTunes, it asks whether you want to move the files to the trash, but only if they're located inside the iTunes Music folder. Clean up my itunes library mac os.
3. On the Utilities window, open the Terminal App by clicking on it.
4. Next, type chflags nohidden ~/Library/ and Press the Enter key to submit your command for execution.
No Library Folder On Mac
Once the command is executed, you will see the Library Option clearly visible and permanently unhidden in the top menu-bar of your Mac.
As mentioned above, you can always go back to the default hidden Library option on your Mac by executing a simple command in the Command Prompt Window.
1. To hide the Library option, type chflags hidden ~/Library/ in the Command prompt window (See image below)
2. After typing the Command, hit the Enter key on the Keyboard of your Mac to execute this Command.
Show Library Folder Mac
Once the Command is executed, you will see the Library Menu option becoming hidden.