Transfer photos from your iPhone
Select Photos Preferences and, in the General tab, click Use as System Photo Library. In the iCloud tab, make sure iCloud Photo Library is enabled. It may not be, because you switched libraries. How to transfer your iPhone or Mac Photo library to an external drive. By AppleInsider Staff Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 04:40 pm PT (07:40 pm ET) Storing an entire collection of photographs in.
You can move photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC. And with iCloud Photos, your photos are available on all your devices.
For the extra cautious, you can also save a copy of your iPhoto library to an external hard drive or a disc (because who knows-your Time Machine drive might fail one day). How to extract library.iphoto macbook pro.Learn how to transfer photos
Keep your photos up to date
With iCloud Photos, your collection of photos and videos is safely stored and available on all of your devices. Or you can sync your library manually with iTunes.Learn how to keep your library safe
Organize your photos and videos
Learn how to use the Photos app’s built-in features to keep your growing collection in order. And see how the powerful search function lets you find people, places, and things fast.Learn how to organize your photos
Move your Photos library
Is your Mac running low on disk space as your collection of photos and videos expands? You can move your Photos library to an external drive to free up storage.Learn how to move your library
Capture, edit, enjoy
Use the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to capture a memory. Create the ideal photo with the editing tools built in to Photos for iOS and macOS. Then manage and share your collection with iCloud Photos and Shared Albums.
Download Iphone Photo Library To Mac Download
Have a question?
The members of our Apple Support Community can help answer your question. Or, if someone’s already asked, you can search for the best answer.Ask about Photos for MacAsk about Photos for iOS
Tell us how we can help
Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.
Iphone Photo Library DeleteGet support
Your Photos library holds all your photos, albums, slideshows, and print projects. If your library is large, and you want to free up storage space on your Mac, turn on iCloud Photo Library and use Optimize Mac Storage, or move your library to an external drive.
Before you start, be sure to back up your library.
Prepare your drive
You can store your library on an external storage device, such as a USB or Thunderbolt drive formatted as APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled).1 Find out how to check the format of your external storage device.
To prevent data loss, Apple doesn't recommend storing photo libraries on external storage devices like SD cards and USB flash drives, or drives that are shared on a network.
Move your Photos library to an external storage device
- Quit Photos.
- In the Finder, go to the external drive where you want to store your library.
- In another Finder window, find your library. The default location is Users > [username] > Pictures, and it's named Photos Library.
- Drag your library to its new location on the external drive. If you see an error, select your external drive's icon in the Finder, then choose File > Get Info. If the information under Sharing & Permissions isn't visible, click , then make sure the 'Ignore ownership on this volume' checkbox is selected. If it's not selected, click to unlock it, enter an administrator name and password, then select the checkbox.2
- After the move is finished, double-click Photos Library in its new location to open it.
- If you use iCloud Photo Library, designate this library as the System Photo Library.
Delete original library to save space
After you open your library from its new location and make sure that it works as expected, you can delete the library from its original location.
In a Finder window, go back to your Pictures folder (or whichever folder you copied your library from) and move Photos Library to the trash. Then choose Finder > Empty Trash to delete the library and reclaim disk space.
Open another Photos library
If you have multiple libraries, here's how to open a different one:
- Quit Photos.
- Press and hold the Option key while you open Photos.
- Select the library that you want to open, then click Choose Library.
Photos uses this library until you open a different one.
If you have a permissions issue with your library, you might be able to resolve the issue by using the Photos library repair tool.
1. You can't move your library to a disk that's used for Time Machine backups.
Open itunes library. Thanks a ton for this post! I’ve been puzzled by this for quite a while but didn’t give it much thought because it only affected a handful of songs and when I.did. search for a solution, all I saw were other people reporting similar issues with nothing helpful posted in response.
2. If the volume isn't formatted APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled), or has been used for Time Machine backups but hasn't been erased, this checkbox will either not be present, or won't be selectable after unlocking. Erase and reformat the drive for this option to be available.