- Transfering Itunes Library To Windows 10
- How To Move Itunes Library
- How To Transfer Itunes To New Computer
You can also read this guide in Français.
Jan 28, 2014 Manually transfer your iTunes library to a new Mac. If you wish to transfer your iTunes library to a new system, then you can do so with a few easy steps. Sep 30, 2015 Launch iTunes on the Mac and import the iTunes Music Library.xml file from the PC. To do that on iTunes for Windows, you go 'File Library Import Playlist' as per the following screenshot: Browse to the location of the iTunes Music Library.xml file from the other PC, select it and then open it. Mar 16, 2020 How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via AnyTrans for iOS. Besides manually moving your iTunes library to a new Mac, there is an easier and quicker way for you to achieve it – AnyTrans for iOS. It is a professional iOS data manager that allows you to simply transfer your iOS data from one device to another. Nov 18, 2014 Part 1: How to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to Mac Often, Mac users will have more than one Mac in their home. It is the nature of the beast, as they may be so pleased with their exclusive Mac environment that there may suddenly be a MacBook or an iMac in the house where there may have been only one Mac computer previously. Oct 09, 2013 Transferring an iTunes Library to an External Drive. This process will move the entire iTunes library to an external drive where it will retain it’s use but not take up primary internal disk space: Open iTunes and choose the “Advanced” tab; Look under “iTunes Media folder location” to see the current location, select and copy that path. How to download your iTunes library on Mac. Having a local copy of your iTunes library is very important. It means you can easily backup your music, quickly sync with iOS devices, and listen to.
For most of us, when it comes to transferring iTunes library, it’s not a big deal because iTunes manages the content of our iTunes library by default. The real problem surfaces when we need iTunes to offer us more control over contents, functions, file management and transfer.
We are also troubled when we lose existing media files when transferring or syncing files – this is the major problem with using iTunes in managing and transferring media files.
There are common problems that we encounter when we transfer iTunes library. Some of them include:
- Erasing previous songs on iDevice: This point has been the major complain of every iTunes user even users of the most current version. Apple claims that they have corrected this abnormality with the release of iTunes 12, but we know that Apple’s copyright protection won’t allow that to happen. Your iTunes library files won’t be deleted when syncing only when your iTunes library have all the songs on your iDevice.
- iTunes is confusing/complicated at a first glance: iTunes is no longer “That Simple Music Player” app anymore. It is now complicated with different functionalities and uneasy to navigate interface. Most users at the first day find it very hard to transfer files with iTunes.
- iCloud Music Library: iCloud Music Library is a major source of headache in latest versions of iTunes. Many of us pay for iTunes Match at the cost of $25 per year, but all we get to receive are faulty artwork display, matching blunder, missing duplicates, and files with DRM.
The good news is that all these pains are avoidable with some iTunes alternative software or by having the right tips on transferring iTunes library.
- Part 1: How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
- Part 2: How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone
“How do I transfer iTunes library to iPhone” is a common question on every search device. But it’s very easy to accomplish if you have the right tips. You can transfer iTunes music library by simply dragging and dropping files from iTunes to iDevice, or through other third-party tool.
1 Transfer Via iTunes
This method is not the same as syncing method, it is a manual process of copying contents from iTunes to iPhone. To smoothly transfer your iTunes library to iPhone, here are some easy steps to follow:
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to your PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Do you have the latest iTunes? If not, download and install the latest iTunes.
Step 3: Choose the content you will like to transfer from your iTunes library.
Step 4: From the left side bar of your iTunes, drag the content, and drop it on iPhone.
- This method only allows you to add music or vide to your iPhone from a single iTunes library.
- Direct iTunes library transfer is slow, erroneous and mat lead to iTunes crash.
- You may lose your files in the process.
2 Transfer iTunes Library via iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is an iTunes library manager, transferring iTunes library via TunesMate is very easy and simple to complete. For everyone who is not comfortable with iTunes limit, you should install TunesMate because it has no iTunes limit. You should not be worried about damage to your iTunes library because TunesMate will not lose or damage your library.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- 100% successful sync: When syncing iOS files between iPhone and iTunes, TunesMate safeguards your files knowing fully well that they are precious to you.
- 2-way sync: With iMyFone TunesMate, you can freely transfer iTunes library from iTunes to iPhone or from iPhone to iTunes.
- Preview and selectively transfer: You can choose to transfer your files in bulk, or selectively. TunesMate makes this choice available!
- No erasure: TunesMate can retain your old iPhone data, while adding the recent ones to your iPhone, without erasing any original data on your iPhone.
- No iTunes limits: You can easily transfer both purchased and non-purchased music between iTunes and iPhone.
In fact, many users, IT pros, and iPhone lovers see iMyFone as the most comprehensive iOS solution of all times.
Transfer iTunes Library via TunesMate – Required Steps.
Step 1: Open TunesMate on your PC. If you have not downloaded TunesMate, you can download and install it on your PC now. Then connect your iPhone to your PC using your USB cable.
Step 2: From Tunesmate user interface, click on “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice”.
Step 3: Click on the “Start ” button and select files that you’d like to transfer.
Step 4: Begin to transfer your files by clicking on “OK”.
How to Transfer iTunes Library to PC/External Drive
1 Manually Backup iTunes Library
There is always need for extra safety measures and file protection. PC, USB flash and other external drive can be used to back up your iTunes media library, and it is good in file protection.
Most iTunes users do this due to the level of unreliability of iTunes in file syncing and transfer. But to transfer iTunes library, you’ll have to locate your iTunes media library in your PC.
To locate where iTunes stored the media files you added to Windows or Mac PC, you will need to follow the appropriate path listed below.
- For Mac: Click on Music > iTunes Media > Music
- For Windows: Click on Music > iTunes > iTunes Music
If the folder isn’t in the default location: Open Advanced tab from iTunes > iTunes Media Folder Location. This would show you where the media folder is located.
More so, to copy iTunes songs to USB (for example, copy iTunes songs to USB), you will have to follow the appropriate path listed below:
Change photos library location mac. Tested to be fast and reliable with libraries of over 1,000,000 photos.
Step 1: insert the flash drive into your PC’s USB port.
Step 2: Open the USB flash drive like a folder on your PC. Then, go back to the songs you would like to backup and highlight them. You can highlight a range of songs, individual songs or all songs in view.
Step 3: Drag the highlighted songs to the USB flash drive folder you’ve already opened.
2 Transfer iTunes Library using TunesMate
You can easily backup your iTunes library using iMyFone TunesMate. This can serve as a good way of backing up your iTunes library in a safer storage device. Follow these steps to transfer your iTunes library via TunesMate.
step 1: Download and install Tunesmate on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone and USB to your PC, and run TunesMate on your PC.
Step 3: Go to “Music” tab, and click on “Export > Export to PC”.
Step 4: Locate the folder that you want to backup these files and click on “Select Folder” to export the data.
You may also like:
- iTunes from Mac to Mac
Part 1: How to Transfer iTunes Library from Mac to Mac
Often, Mac users will have more than one Mac in their home. It is the nature of the beast, as they may be so pleased with their exclusive Mac environment that there may suddenly be a MacBook or an iMac in the house where there may have been only one Mac computer previously. So, like households with both PC and Mac systems in them, households with more than one Mac may decide that it’s time to copy their iTunes library from one Mac to another. There are a number of steps to follow when transferring iTunes from one Mac computer to the other, just as there are when you transfer iTunes from PC to Mac. Here is how it’s done:
Step 1. Open iTunes. Go to Preferences > Advanced
From there, click “Keep iTunes Media folder organized” in order to see your iTunes folder stay properly organized and keep the transition from one computer to the other smooth.
Step 2. Deauthorize your computer from the iTunes store
It’s important to ensure that you deauthorize your old computer from the iTunes Store if you are planning on not using your old computer on iTunes anymore. All you need to do is go to Store>Deauthorize this computer, and your old computer will be deauthorized.
Step 3. Move your iTunes Media Folder
From here, it’s simply a matter of closing iTunes on your old computer and moving your iTunes Media folder across the network to your new computer. Locate the Music folder (~/Music) and use either an external hard drive or a wired or wireless network to get the job done.
Step 4. Change the Library on the new computer
Transfering Itunes Library To Windows 10
Move the iTunes folder to the same location on the new machine as you had it on the old machine. This will help your iTunes on your new computer locate all the music files on your new machine.
Step 5. Launch iTunes while holding down the Option key
A dialog box will open, asking whether you want to 'Cancel', 'Create a new library', or 'Choose an Existing Library'. Select 'Choose Library', then navigate to where you moved the iTunes folder. Remember that you will overwrite any existing music files in your library.
How To Move Itunes Library
Step 6. Authorize the new computer in the iTunes Store
How to switch between iPhoto Libraries.n1If iPhoto fails to load or crashes on startup, you may need to switch to a backup iPhoto library. Change default photo library mac.
How To Transfer Itunes To New Computer
This allows you to get any authorized purchases in your iTunes account.
While Mac may be the platform of choice for many iTunes users, there are multiple users who have iTunes for PC and may be looking at transferring iTunes to another PC system. Therefore, it is important to know how to transfer iTunes from one PC to another.
Transfer iPhone/iPad/iPod touch music, videos and photos to Mac and iTunes.
One-click backup to iTunes and manage your songs, videos, and photo albums.
- Copy music from iPhone, iPod, iPad to Mac or iTunes.
- Export videos from iPhone, iPad, iPod to iTunes/Mac.
- Transfer all photos from photo album to Mac or iTunes.
- Copy playlists with rating and play counts to iTunes.